Reluctant Scooper PLC?

Love the blog? Want to own the writer?

In a ground-breaking and revolutionary business move, Reluctant Scooper is considering offering his readership the chance to own part of his fastly-growing blog. The audacious move gives people the chance to know what it feels like to own part of a blog run by a middle-aged fat man with a reasonable beer cellar but a dubious taste in chunky jumpers. Much more than an investment, people will be buying into the Reluctant Scooper philosophy, vision and culture as shareholders will also have involvement in the running of the blog and be allowed to vote online on key decisions. Like kicking me in the arse to write more often. Or whether I should have yet another bottle of Brewdog Hardcore.

That community of literally some investors will receive a lifetime discount on my homebrew (when I get around to brewing it), a fawning piece of vacuous PR on this site and a steak in one of the most ground-breaking, revolutionary and downright cool restaurants of our time. Or a Little Chef, depending on your location. Whatever money raised will provide the funding for a carbon-neutral piss-up at a local brewery.


Notes:

1) Investments, like Reluctant's waistband, can go down as well as up. Though, given his girth, not down by much.

2) I would retain the right to instruct shareholders to come over and bring me beer / butcher press releases when I can't be arsed to / clean my fermentation bucket out. Generally, be my beer bitches.


3) Best of luck to the guys at Brewdog with their share scheme. As someone who works with startup companies, I know how difficult it is to secure equity deals that are attractive to both sides, particularly in this economic climate. And like 98% of the 'ground-breaking' deals I'm offered to participate in, I have to say... I'm out.


6 comments:

  1. were I to become majority shareholder, would I then get to dictate the bias and tone of your ramblings?

    maybe I'll just apply for the Finance Director job at Brewdog instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to launch with some questionable press shots of yourself flanked by scantily-clad models?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we swap some equity?

    I am in!

    This is actually a pretty cool response. I realise what we are doing is not for everyone. Some will beleie and see the potential, others will be more cynical.

    What do you get for £230? A pretty cool brand with Martin, myself, Keith and Tony trying our heart out to turn this into a huge international success for everyone involved. I guess the question to ask yourself before investing is do you believe in the brand and the people behind it? Keith and Tony have a huge history of insane success (Skyy Vodka was sold for $1billion), the BrewDog brand is already internationally recognised and Martin and I are completely committed and dedicated to the future of the business.

    ReplyDelete