When in Sheffield...

.. So there I was, walking along, minding my own business, watching a digger knacker the crap out of what used to be Williams Fasteners on Green Lane (makers of "bolts, nuts, studs, screws, washers, nails, hinges, rivets, sockets". That's a lot of fastening) when two blokes stopped me. And said;

"Is there a pub 'round 'ere?".

"Several", I said, "any one in particular?"

"Yeah", said the big fella, "the one that's won all the awards".

"No problem" I said. "Just walk up the road and bear left. Or right."

Left takes you to the Fat Cat.  Right puts you in the Kelham Island Tavern.

I never saw the big fella and his mate again anywhere around the Valley of Beer. But, truth be told, there's plenty of places to stumble into. I hope they got to drink some of the best beer that Sheffield had to offer on a gray Thursday. I know I did.

What beers were they, you say? Ah, that's another story...

0 comments: