Couple Of Slags

It's Sunday. Fairly warm. I've been working up a sweat in the garden. Freshly showered, there's only one thing on my mind for satiating my desires. And there they are, chilling in the kitchen. A couple of Slags.

I'm not fussy this afternoon. Dripping wet with a bit of body will do me fine. And these are fine - a bit bubblegum around the edges but they go down easily. Quite sweet, actually.

They were procured for me in the back of a white van by Phil from beermerchants.com. Who, if HM Customs read this, will probably get a flashlight shoved up his back passage the next time he rolls through Dover. Sorry, Phil.

Slag is, indeed, a pale lager from Belgium's Brouwerij Slaghmuylder. I'll be honest, the tacky-chewy saccharine tang doesn't do much for me. Far more impressive was Klug, a crisp German pils. And I'm about to try a tin of Cristal. Sadly, beermerchants don't seem to import Binky, Sod or Plop. Yet.

2 comments:

  1. Simon,

    I don't go get beers in a van... lol!

    we have these brand new beauties.

    http://cavedirectresources.com/services/wholesale/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to conjure up the image of a man battling his way down country lanes to recieve a shipment of odd cases from a ruddy-cheeked brewer. Fail!

    ReplyDelete